Liver cleanse: here is your 5 day preparation for your liver cleanse. Like anything – the key is in the preparation.
Preparing for your liver cleanse goes beyond the physical. This is also a mental and emotional preparation.
From an emotional perspective – your liver stores anger so prepare to release anger. Prepare to relax.
Your preparation time is five days prior the cleanse. For example if you are working – you can prepare for your cleanse Monday to Friday and carry out the cleanse on Friday night. This will give you Saturday and Sunday to recover and rest.
This is the example I will give here. You can go about your normal routine Monday to Friday afternoon. It is important that you stop normal activities on Friday afternoon and prepare for the cleanse. So if you are able to stop work early – that would be beneficial. Meditation on Friday afternoon or early evening would be beneficial for you as it is every day!
Check the calendar – best time for your liver cleanse
You want to carry out your cleanse between full moon and new moon.
At full moon the liver does not release fully. Do not carry out a liver cleanse on full moon. The body will be holding onto fluids in the brain and tissues on this day.
At new moon the liver releases the most. Therefore it is optimum to carry out a liver cleanse between full moon and new moon.
Here are some reasons when not to undertake a liver cleanse
- If your bowels are compacted ( meaning you are clearing your bowels less than 2 x per day), then you should not be doing a liver cleanse. Check on our Bowel Cleansing program to help you get your bowels in order first. Check with your health professional if you have any questions regarding your bowels.
- Making sure your colon is cleansed is very important to avoid nausea during the cleanse. That is why we recommend PR-cleanse during the 5 days of preparation to make sure you are removing any additional waste material from the bowel.
- Do not liver cleanse if you have kidney stones or you have kidney/urinary tract issues.
- Avoid Cold drinks during the preparation phase. make sure you are drinking water at room temperature and all your other food too. Cold drinks chill the liver and therefore reduce the effectiveness of the cleanse.
- If you have a diagnosed condition, please check with your medical doctor before carrying out a cleanse. Hopefully you are working with an integrative doctor or a natural health doctor who understand the power of cleansing. But don’t carry this out without first checking with your health professional.
The ideal order of cleansing is firstly bowel cleansing, then kidney cleansing and finally liver cleansing.
Once you get into the cycle, you can repeat this process monthly until you are no longer clearing out toxins or stones. Ideally I recommend that you carry out at least 3 liver cleanses before determining you are cleansed. It sometimes takes the body a couple of cleanses before you start emitting the stones and toxins trapped inside your liver. Wait 21 days at least between cleanses so that your body can normalize and stones trapped in the back of the liver can move to the front in preparation for your next cleanse.
Supplements we recommend to have before you start:
Liver ND, Gall Bladder ND, Max B ND, HCL, HCL activator, Pr-Digest & Probiotics. If you are unsure of what to take, you can call our office to make an appointment with Clare to go over your individual needs. These supplements come from PRLabs and are available from health professionals only.
Our office number: 270.366.0502 Monday to Friday 10 am to 5 pm CT.
Do not eat dairy, red meats and fried foods during the 5 day preparation phase. And don’t over eat.
Food to gather before starting the liver cleanse preparation period:
- Organic fruits for breakfast and snacking – see list of good fruits for cleansing below
- Organic vegetables for soups and eating – see list below
- Epsom Salts
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Unrefined salt
- Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil
- Grapefruits or Organic Grapefruit juice – safe up to 12 oz per day.
- Protein powder for smoothies – make sure it has no toxins in it and is non-soy!
- Wild caught fish especially oily fish such as tuna and salmon and organic chicken for dinners
- 1/2 body weight in oz of water each day, 16 oz mixed with apple cider vinegar during this period.
- Organic lemons and limes for snacks
- Avocados for the week – at least 5 ( if you don’t like avocados – I recommend you find a way to eat them. They are a very balanced food, nutritious, filling and contain excellent oils)
- Organic walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds and Brazil nuts for snacking
Note: You can drink as much water as you want between all the meals and the other drinks. There is NO limit on water. Drink as much as you want and when you are hungry in between – drink water first, wait 10 minutes and then see whether you want to snack.
30 minutes before breakfast you will make a mixture of 1 teaspoons of Liver-ND, 1 teaspoons of Gall Bladder ND, 1 teaspoon of Max B ND with a suspension of cherry juice mixed in 16 oz of water. Drink half of the liquid now with 3 capsules of Biliven. Biliven also helps to open up the ducts of the gall bladder in preparation for cleansing. It is important to take this mixture 30 minutes before you eat.
Breakfast each day – 8.00 am
Cleansing fruits ( try your best to use organic fruits to avoid unnecessary toxins during this period)
Breakfast should be a mixture of fruits. You can create a smoothie and you can add some protein food powder if you wish. You can also add flax seed for greater nutrition. This will help to sustain your energy during the morning. A suitable powder is Whey protein powder also available from PRLabs.
1 hour after breakfast – 9.00 am
Drink 8 oz of water mixed with 1/2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
Mid Morning Snack – 10.30 am
Have a handful of nuts and seeds. You can also have a little more fruit if you are hungry.
1 hour after snack – 11.30 am
Drink 8 oz of water mixed with 1/2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
Lunch – 12.30 pm
Make a big green salad and add carrots, avocado, celery, salad onions & garlic. You can have a dressing with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Make sure both are organic and pure.
1 hour after lunch – 1.30 pm
Drink 2nd 8 oz of liver support mixture.
Mid afternoon snack – 3.00 pm
Same as the morning. If you are hungry you may have an avocado for snack. This is filling and delicious. Putting lemon juice with little Tumeric ( pure capsules can be obtained from PRLabs) and unrefined salt on the avocado is really delicious.
Dinner – 6 pm – 7 pm
Dinner can consist of a protein mentioned above and as many vegetables as you wish. You can include a small amount of carbohydrate too if you wish such as white rice, arborio rice or sweet potato. Don’t go overboard with the carbohydrates and if you can go without them – do so. Some people require more calories so make sure you are sustained especially if you are very active during the day. Take PR-digest with your meal . You may have some fruit for dessert too. After you have eaten, take HCL Activator and HCL. This meal is applicable to Monday to Thursday and then again on Saturday evening and Sunday evening. Friday evening you will not be eating.
Dinner to be taken between 6 pm and 7 pm. You want your body to have time to fully digest food before going to bed by 10 pm. Don’t go to bed after 10 pm during this period. You are partaking in a cleansing for your body and your sleep is very important for healing.
Bed time by 10 pm
Take probiotics before bed so that your gut can be restored with good flora overnight.
You will repeat the above program from Monday to Thursday. On Friday you can eat breakfast and lunch. After lunch – see the actual liver cleanse article for further instructions.
Papaya, Grapefruit, Blueberries, Blackberries, Pears, Apples, Watermelon, Cherries and cranberries. Remember that cranberries are very bitter so you may not want to include these. No sugar allowed!!
Onions, salad onions, garlic, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, carrots, beets, artichoke, asparagus, spinach, romaine lettuce, kale, salad greens, brussel sprouts, cabbage
Medications during the liver cleanse
If you are on prescribed medications -you must continue to take these and check with your medical doctor before undertaking this cleanse. I suggest supplements above to help with the cleanse. It is best to avoid other supplements during this time because we want to give our body especially the liver a rest.
Did this help you? If so, I would greatly appreciate if if you commented below and shared it on Facebook.
Email – connect with Kelway Health.
Twitter: Kelway Health on Twitter
Facebook: Kelway Health on Facebook
If you are interested in working with me, please book a Free Consultation. I help people with liver detox issues everyday and I look forward to helping you.
P. S. If you enjoyed this post on liver cleansing, please retweet and comment please.